January 12 - 15, 2015
Beaver Creek, Colorado
Created by internationally recognized sports and movement educator, Margaret McIntyre, this new program, Dynamic Skiing for Women at Beaver Creek, skillfully uses innovative Mind / Body techniques to directly enhance ski performance and confidence. This program offers a real breakthrough in sports instruction producing tangible, lasting results.
THE PROGRAM: DESIGN & BENEFITS
• EXCLUSIVE/PERSONALIZED - Limited to 6 women participants, 2 highly skilled female ski instructors and Margaret, this format becomes almost like a private lesson but with the added benefit of being part of a small group of motivated women.
• WELCOME EVENT - A very important component of the program, to meet each other and the ski instructors and to set personal goals the prior evening, in an informal atmosphere.
• INDOOR/OUTDOOR LEARNING - A sophisticated and integrated Mind / Body approach using gentle, guided, ski-specific movement awareness, combined with individually-tailored, on-snow coaching. The ski instructors skillfully weave the indoor learning into the on-snow, skiing experience. Gravity becomes your friend not your foe!!
• ONE ON ONE - Time with program creator Margaret – each participant will receive a “hands on” individual session with Margaret to address, more specifically, any issue that is relevant to them, be it ski related, postural, recovering from an injury and more.
• EFFECTIVE - Easily change old habits and become the skier you dream to be!!! This program creates learning that lasts, and gives you more confidence as you feel and understand how your whole body and mind is involved in the art of skiing. As you continue to develop your skills you will become your own best teacher. Discover effortless, graceful, powerful movement,
• SUPPORTIVE - Not competitive!! Women only, and great instruction indoor and out - reap the benefits of learning and having fun in a small supportive group of women and celebrate. Lunch together as a group every day on the mountain in a pleasing location.
• LIFE CHANGING!! - Discover the confidence and the joy of letting go and dancing with the mountain!! Everything you learn about yourself and your skiing translates into life.
• FUN!! - Find new friends, and celebrate your successes with like-minded adventurous women!! Keep on doing the sports and activities you love!! Getting older, getting wiser, getting better!!!
WOMEN ARE SAYING:
An inner focus to learn how you move so that you then can move the way you know - naturally, with comfort and confidence. —Joy
Noticing all of our body parts tunes the complete person. —Patti
After a session of Feldenkrais® with Margaret my body (and mind) feel light, centered and energetic. This has translated into my skiing allowing me to connect with my skis and the mountain confidently and effortlessly - in a way that I have never done before. —Sue
Letting Go • Using my whole body to move effectively • Feeling the snow and the fall of the mountain and letting my body get in the zone. —Rhea
Program includes all indoor and outdoor instruction, welcome event, one-on-one session with Margaret, daily lunch on the mountain, dinner at Mirabelle’s.
Founded by Margaret McIntyre, a fully-certified ski instructor, ski school trainer, Feldenkrais® practitioner and assistant trainer, physiotherapist and creator of the internationally recognized Dynamic Skiing for Life program now celebrating its 22nd season.
Intermediate skiers and up are welcome.
Dates: January 12-15, 2015
Lift tickets, lodging and ski equipment not included.
Video credit: Jim Penhale, Intermountain Productions and Adventure Video
You can sign up for the program either online or by mail (registration coming soon).
— Moshe Feldenkrais
“I learned that I could move my whole body to help me “dance” down the mountain. I was much freer to experience the freedom and joy of being in the moment skiing and feeling the terrain. I loved the pre-ski movement sessions and was amazed at how much freer my body became through gentle movement and awareness – no pushing or stretching to achieve it. Meeting and mixing with the other participants was wonderful. What fun to meet with such a variety of wonderful women. ”